Well, I'm tossing around a few ideas for next summer/fall should my truck not be gone and I & my wife are still employed.
Anyways, all things considered I am looking to build a cruiser with more seating capacity and a trunk to take on cruises and road trips.

My thinking has me looking for a 68-70 2dr B-Body with a 318 (340 spec camshaft)and 4bbl with headers. The car would have an automatic and 2.76 gears. I am wondering what type of gas mileage numbers I would expect to see from that setup.

My other thoughts are I have a truck 360 Magnum with a 600 Holley 4bbl stock cam and a 727 with a 2500 stall. I was wondering if I were to slip that engine in say a 70-71 Plymouth Fury 2dr or 69-71 Dodge Monaco/Polara and throw in 2.76 gears what type of mileage numbers can I expect and what would it run in the 1/4 mile on a good tune? I would think at least 14.9 ET.

Also, what type of mileage does a 70 Plymouth Fury 2dr with say a 383 4bbl and 3.23 gears get?

Lastly, I am considering a 71 Polara 2dr fully loaded with a 440/727 and 2.76 geared 8 3/4 for sale and was wondering what type of mileage I should expect number wise?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am throwing around a lot of ideas to replace one of my vehicles and wanted to hear from those who have real experience. Thank you.