We had a few shaker challengers in Connecticut back in the eighties and I knew how special they were even back then.

1) In 1981 a local guy had a 1971 JH23N1B 383 non R/T Challenger with a shaker on it. I chased after the hood for a year and finally got it. I traded the guy a T/A hood and some parts for it. I ended up selling it for $750 and I thought I was rich!!!

2) In 1983 I purchased a 1971 Challenger 440-6 R/T, super track pack, N96, Plum crazy, black top, stripes, the hood was missing. I tried to get a hood for it but never could (shouldn't have sold the first one). I sold the car in 1984 for $4K.

3) A local guy in Bridgeport had a EB7 440-6 Challenger R/T 4 speed car with a shaker since new. I tried to get the car for years. It disappeared and then resurfaced in 2000. Another local flipper guy got to it before me and purchased the car for $3K.

4) The one I really wish I bought. A 1971 Challenger JH27N1B 4 speed plum crazy shaker convertible. This car sold new at Cavallaro motors back on 1971. It was traded back to the dealer in the late seventies. They couldn't sell it and repainted it brown. I could have purchased it for $5K. Went through a few local owners, a buddy got it and pulled the hood off and sold the car to someone in NY. That was back in 1986. Who knew.

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A