i am in the process of putting my 68'coronet standard dash back together, i bought a original thumbwheel radio from a guy, he sd did not know if worked or not, so i plug it up , it wld not light up or turn on, so i kept it pluged in and continue to finish hooking all the dash parts up, i cranked the car, i was testing all the lights gauges, etc. everything was working, the radio wld not turn on or light up, i got out of the car, leaving it running, about 3mins into this, i heard a wierd pop sound and blackish smoke coming from the dash, i turned the car off, i got a light and looked under the dash, all i saw was smoke coming from the radio, i put my hand on the radio and it was hot to the touch, the smoke settled and i unhooked the radio and i changed the fuse out, cranked the car back up, everything was fine, apparently the radio blew up, has anybody ever had this happen? was it the radio or is it something in my wiring? since i unhooked the radio no problems, everything is working, i have tested everything, this is crazy i have never held of a radio blowing up?