Well maybe Bad planning...

Blew up my old motor in July, and decided to buy a new 540 Indy Aluminum shortblock to speed up getting back to the track. I had dreams of racing again in September

Well the new motor was supposed to take 3 1/2 weeks, but did not ship for over 7 weeks.

Then the transport company left it in transit over the weekend because they did not have enough trucks so it only made it halfway the week it was shipped.

It got here this monday and i worked every night to finish assemble. Way too many little things sucked up the time, but it was ready today Saturday to put back in the car!

Unfortunately when i went to bolt on the flexplate, i realized that the new 4.25" stroker crank is an 8 bolt and my B&M flexplate is only 6 bolt

Summit has stock but it won't ship until Monday now, and by the time it clears customs to get here to Canada, I will not have enough time to get the car ready for the last race of the year next weekend.

Sorry for the rant, but it is killing me to have missed the season and now i have to wait for June, 2010

Thanks for listening,

Arnie

5508126-540bullet.jpg (86 downloads)

67 Cuda 8.48@ 158.7 mph 1.18 60' 2,600 DA(so far...) 70 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 4-speed. 13.2 @ 104 Stock exhaust/Street tires.