Quote:

I just got a Chrysler 300 with drum brakes. After sitting a couple of days the first times the brakes are used they are pretty much on or off. Then they go normal and work great. Also sometimes the brake light comes on and it feels like there is no power assistance to the brakes. After releasing the pedal it goes back to normal- the light goes off and the breakes works great again. Any ideas on where to start looking to fix these issues?

Sounds like you may have several issues. First, assume you are referring to the brake warning light on the dash coming on? If so, that indicates you have a leak or air in the system some where. Look around ( lines / backing plates ) for brake fluid leaks. Second, you might have a booster problem - "on or off" "no assist". I'd change out the booster check valve first. Then possible the booster - assume the engine runs good and you have good vacuum to the check valve. Also, make sure the brake pedal is returning all the way to it's stop. You could have issues with the porportioning valve also, but I would put that on the "remote" list.

Fastest 300