Hey all,

So I've been thinking about how I can have my cake and eat it too. . .

I have a 68 Dart going together with a healthy 440 ( 11.2:1 , .588 solid roller, stage 6 heads etc. ) and I'm thinking I'd like to have the ability to drive it here n there without listening to the motor scream all the way. I'm planning on a 3.91 or 4.10 gear and at least a 28" tall tire. I figure with the 727, a good converter, and some hook, the car should be able to rip off low 11s to high 10s, and I'd like to keep as much of the performance as possible

I know there is the Keisler 5-speed set up, but I don't think it will stand up to the occasional drag strip abuse I plan on putting to the car ( even with the TKO 600 ).

I've seen the Gear vendors unit and I think it may be a great option since I already have a built 727, but I'm concerned about how much power it'll rob and I hear they can be a pain in the but with the gear splitting (even though I really don't know how that works).

I've also seen the article in Mopar Muscle ( I think) where Keisler makes a kit to put a GM 4L80E behind a big block, but haven't seen a follow up as to how it held up so I'm a bit skeptical there.

So, what do you have? What are your opinions? ( Ho boy that's a loaded one ) Lets see some pics of your installs and hear what's good and bad.

3948305-dartresise.jpg (65 downloads)

I'm Gumby dammit!