Looks to me like it has the stock suspension, least the front is, still has the drum front brakes too. I'm betting they used the stock rear springs also.

The front suspension will work good with a few modifications and several places have a disc brake conversion available. You would probably need to update the master cylinder as well. It says it has a tilt column, but doesn't say if the stock steering box is still in place.
4 years ago, the disc brake conversion, including all new componets, a new master and booster (the small 7" or 8" boosters are a waste of money imho), and a home made rack & pinoin steering with a rebuilt rack set me back over $1,000. With even the small hemi, the stock brakes are going to be scary, at best. I also suspect the rear springs are likely shot, originally they were wrapped in tin so they could be greased, after the grease went away, the tin wrap held water and tended to rust the leafs until they broke, gives that taildragger look this car has.

To rebuild the Hemi, even the small one, costs a few grand and then there is the other stuff that was done. I'd still want to look the body over for rust, the stock suspension and brakes detracts from the value, and I'd have to change the color. Given the current ecominic conditions, I would be hard pressed to go much over $4,000-$5,000, and the body and paper work better be good. Your likely going to dump another $2,000 or close, to make it a great driver, if you can deal with the color. Paint and body work is expensive if you can't do it yourself. Gene

I just read there is power steering on the car, originally there was no such thing, so I have to wonder what steering box they are using.

Last edited by poorboy; 09/22/09 10:51 PM.