Quote:

There are a lot of variables within 340's as well as 360's in Stock and SS, so it boils down to "it depends".

'71 high compression 340's with a TQ tend fit and run in slightly faster classes than the other 340's and 360's. The '74 360 is right behind it, but they are used in heavier cars. Then it appears that the AVS 340's and later 360's run is several of the slower classes after that. Car weights vary quite a bit. In Stock, this tends to be spread out from D/Stock up through K/Stock or around there. Basically mid-10's through high 11's.

Moparts member Elephuntman had the C/SA record with a 340 Six Pack Challenger T/A in the 10.30 range at one time!!!

There is no substitute for cubic inches, so, all else being equal, a 360 will be faster. It would be intersting to do some research and see what the average '71 340 would run against the average '74 360 at the same weight.
I'm sure somebody more familiar with the class weights and ET's would know already

I kindof agree here but I would like to see the factory low comp 340 VS 360 4bbl comparison, oh yeah we do have them and with the same cams heads carbs manifolds... actually a very close comparison and the 360 made more HP and more TQ from the factory.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!