Quote:

Theoretically, your engine should assemble with the pistons .024 down the bore... if you got the mythical 'perfect' block Jonahah was referring to.

How much farther down - who knows?

Also, these decks aren't always level to the crank center; sometimes one end of the deck is higher than the other. My block was so out-of-square that the machinist ended up cutting enough off that I ended up with pistons ABOVE the deck a few thou (longer rods, stroker crank).

Also, I've read here from guys that CC'd their Sourcerer heads (I didn't bother w/ mine, 'cause they'll be coming back off for porting anyway) that they actually run between 84 and 86 CC's.

Plugging all that into my handy-dandy spreadsheet (that moparts member Schwep designed), your CR calculates out to 9.56:1 with 'perfect' deck and 84 CC chambers, and a marginal .062" quench distance.

With 86 CC chambers, and .015" extra on the deck (I pulled that out of my hat as a 'bad case'), your CR drops to 9.08 and the quench distance grows to a poor .077".

FWIW, you're into the $$$ for pistons, heads, etc; I'd think strongly about checking the deck height, see where you're at, and get that quench down to the .035-.045 range.

-Bill

Bill the MYTHICAL blocks I speak of are the ones that are TALLER than stock .