Quote:

They are allowed rocker valvetrain mods...
They should have to run "bone stock"..
Actually I would go if I could($$) but the other issue for me is I would have to run log manifolds, and you can forget that.

I agree, they should have to run bone stock.

As for the manifolds, there are alot of other log manifolds that are run. Suck it up!!!!

That is part of the coolness of this event. You work on getting the car to run as hard as you can. Not everyone is going to be a 11- 12 second car. There are several guys running 14-15 seconds. You are paired with the person that is closest to you in time. Often 2 are within .1 seconds and you run a best 2 of 3. The launch is often the difference, but some guys are soft on a launch (4-speed small blocks) that come on like a storm at the big end. Where else are you going to see a '58 Ford Y-block with a blower run against a '69 AMX 4-speed???

Enough A-12 cars to make you think they were at every dealership, Hemi's, 440-6's , LS-6 Chevelles, Z-28's, 429 Cobra Jet Torinos, Cougar Elimators, GTO Judges, 442's. All of them running hard down the strip, looking like they just rolled off the showroom floor!!!

Snarl softly and carry a BIG stick 1969 Hurst/Olds Pure Stock 13.23@ 103.1 and the a/c blows cold! Rusty Small