Update: I got the truck into the carport... staying relatively dry. And, I realized that the description of what the spreadsheet does and how to use it might not really be detailed enough to help everybody.

So, I'll do a little 'show and tell'...

Since I just ran her for ~60 sec to pull her in, the plugs are pretty wet and hard to read.

Heat range is probably okay; a couple threads show some color.

So I've read on the internet...

I didn't check 'em all, since they were wet, but it looked like #6 was a little darker than #5. I'll re-check after running up to fully warm. But, they seem to match the last set of plugs I had in her.

All 4 primary barrels have .104 jets and .075X.047 rods; this gives an effective area of .0041 and .0068 square inches at cruise and power settings. Since almost all the driving I've done is at less than 1/4 throttle (all on the street, ys' know), I'm not sure I even get into the power portion of the metering rod often and long enough to color the plugs at all.

I'm going to change to .101 jets and .068X.042 rods, which will give me effective areas of .0044 and .0066 in/sq. So, about 7% richer at cruise, and about 3% leaner at power settings.

If the screen capture of the chart shows up, it'll show how I came up w/ this.

Now to try it out.

If anybody has any ???'s about how to use this, or needs any kinda' help, just shoot me a PM.

-Bill

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?