Quote:

It's been a looooong time but, I think the BB 915 and 906 have the same
intake port. Only difference being 915 is closed chamber where 906 is
open.

I believe they will end up flowing about the same as the later model
heads but, with better flow in the .300"-.500" lift range.

The later heads (902,346 and up) are easier to port though.

I know they are the same intake port, hence the question.

What Im after is which ports generally flow better than the others, 1,2,3,4, etc.

Im asking because I have a set of 915s I need flowed and am comparing them to a set of BS heads that Dwayne did for me. I know what Dwaynes heads flowed on his bench, so Im gonna have both sets flowed to go idea of comparision of flow. My end goal is to see (based on a guess at this point) whether the 915s flow better or the 452s on my motor at the moment flow better. In a few weeks I'll pull the 452s off and flow them also, IF it looks like the 915's will be the winner. I know that Ive read that some ports (1,2,3,or 4) generally flow better than another port on the same casting, just trying to get an idea of what ports to have flowed, or the whole head.

I expect the low lift flows to be mediocore at best on the 452s as the runners have been hogged out, the 915s on the other hand look smoother and are more uniform, fwiw.

72 RR, Pump gas 440, 452s, 3800 lbs, Corked, ET Radials,. 11.33@117.72. Same car, bone stock 346s, 9.5 comp, baby solid. 12.24@110.