Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

400 block 4.40 bore 4.15 stroke 13:5 comp ported Victor heads and intake .690 solid roller 1.6 rockers 1050 dom.

702.4 hp @ 6300
662.6 tq @ 4800

pics to come later

HP seems kind of low, what rpm was it run up to?

6300 rpm @ 37 degrees timing #88 jets and it was 97 degrees ambient we were going to do a forth pull w/89's in it, but were not sure if we could duplicate correct air flow to justify it. Fuel per horsepower usage was dead on @ .397-.440 per # (you dyno guys will what I mean). ---- As far as low #'s!!!!!!! THIS IS NOT AN EXOTIC RACE ENGINE AT ALL. It is off the shelf parts - shaft rockers edlebrock heads etc. most (several engine builders) I spoke w/ assumed 650-675 including the shop the did the build. EVERYONE was very happy w/ the hp and the tq - they have done several builds similar and this was the highest producer yet by almost 35hp and 40tq. Shop owner said the heads came out REALLY NICE and that was the difference (335 @ .700). If I had B-1's or Indys I could see your point, but you could call Jegs or Herbert and probably have everthing in this engine shipped to your house w/ in a week.

Sorry, I wasnt trying to dis your build or make waves, it just seems that the hp peaks out at a relatively low rpm. Im sure that the engine runs great, and will really move your car.