Ok since this is something that seems to get some attention here let me post my stuff and see what you guys think. My car is down now for some maintenance and improvements, one of the things I am considering is a gear swap.

Here is the currect situation, sorry this may get winded but may help some come to a conclusion. I am currently running a 4.30 gear with a 15x33" Goodyear slick. On the odd occasion I run the car all out these days I cross the traps at 7500rpm. Sounds all well and good until you consider my engine makes peak HP at 7600. When I am on the stop the trap RPM is a tad less. As an indication of how the car reacts to more RPM when I run the car all out and shift at 7600 the car runs .3 slower than when we shift at 8300. The trap RPM of 7500 is from when we shift at 8300.

So with that little bit of backround my question is what should I do, or better yet what would YOU do?. I can leave it as is, I figure it is a bit less wear and tear on things with the lower RPM. It works very well as it is, but I KNOW I am giving up ET and MPH on the stop. The car is just really starting move about 1100' downtrack all out, on the stop it is starting to pull hard just before the lites. So given the parametrs what gear if any would you go to if any a 4.56 or a 4.88? With more gear I could improve my aenemic 60' times as well. The car has been in the 1.teens a couple of times but usually is a low 1.20 car. One more little tid bit that I have heard from a few different folks running all out is this comment. Man your car really starts to move about 4-500'out, which is true. The timeslips confirm, my 1/8 mile stats are not really on par with my 1/4 mile numbers.

So what do you all think..Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on all this.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"