Quote:

Quote:

Imediately upon hooking it up, the idle raised a bit.

I am by no means an expert on vacuum advance, as is evidenced by my own thread on the subject. However, your comment indicates that you plugged into a full time vacuum source instead of ported vacuum. The guys who responded to my questions say I should connect to a ported vacuum source, which supplies vacuum at part throttle, not at idle. This could be why you are getting the pinging.

Unplug the vacuum advance, bring your idle back up to a baseline, find a ported vacuum source, and try again.

Funny how sometimes the most obvious things get by me. You were correct. I checked my holley diagram, and relocated the vacuum hose to the port at the metering block. Now, with the canister adjusted all the way counter clockwise, no pinging. I suppose now I can start adjusting more vacuum advance in, with the canister adjustment, until it pings again, then back off a bit. Thanks for the help, guys.

Also, it should be noted that I just never liked the look of the vacuum canister being blocked off. The car has a stock vibe, and even though it runs some hot-rod parts, I like it to have a correct look. This helps.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120