My heads were fresh and had some porting done previously so is all the shop did was cc the chambers. I paid around $400 for hot tanking, inspection, boring, cam bearings, oil pump drive bushing and brass freeze plugs. I also sent the crank, rods and pistons off to be balanced as a whole. That was around $350-400. I then had to have the block decked to get a 10.1:1 compression ratio. I was told not to let the machine shop bore until they had the pistons in hand. The machine shop agreed with this. Different manufacturers have different specs. They will have to measure the piston height to determine the decking needed. I am running 64 CC 915 heads with mild porting and have the large valves in them. I have an air gap with a 750 Holley on it. It wanted more fuel than my 650 Carter could feed it. Mine went together just like a stock rebuild, I did not have to clearance the block for the rods. I have an Eagle crank, scat rods with KB pistons. I have tried several different carbs and found the well prepped 4150 to be the best so far. I have it in a 89 standard cab short box Dakota. 727 RMVB, 3800 stall with a CRT trans, 8 3/4 with 4:10's and a lock rite equipped rear. I drive it on the street but it is very loud. I have full length headers with 3" exhaust that dumps behind the cab. I ended up with about 6K or more into mine. It could have been less but I built it over a several month period and things kept changing.