I finally got my 94 Dakota together with the 408 magnum efi motor that I built earlier this year. Basically here is whats going on. The truck is a 1994 318/5 speed originally. When I bought the truck, it had been wired for an OBD2 style computer and rine fine. I built this 408 based on what Marty at KRC performance suggested, so it is pretty beefy and has a monstrous hydraulic roller cam in it. Anyways, he sent me a SCT tuner with a program designed around my engine and a 1997 Dakota 318/auto pcm. This is the PCM that the truck ran on when I bought. Well, I started the motor on this PCM before the flash and it idled and ran ok. I then flashed his tune into the PCM via the SCT tuner and fired the truck back up. It ran for 2 or 3 seconds and stalled. It only does that now when you fire it. The next day, My friend who works at a Dodge delivery came by with his scan tool and he checked it out. Apparently, after I flashed the PCM, It through the truck into theft mode which cuts off the fuel supply. I called Marty at KRC after that and told him what happened and his response was that my PCM had been previously modified and the new flash wasnt able to overwrite the existing one completely. His answer was to purchase a new PCM from the dealer matching the vin to the truck my PCM originally came from. I called the dealer and got a quote at around $500. Yikes! All I want to know is if there is anyone out here who is savvy with PCMs or flashing custom tunes. I would prefer to have this repaired before I drop another $500 on this project. I have read about a member named hemifever who is good with this type of thing. Im between a rock and a hard place and now I really wish I would have just slapped a carb on this thing! Thanks for any help.

5414313-mydakota3.jpg (168 downloads)