Darts, Valiants, Aspens, Satellites, Furies, Belvederes were all part of the police package family & could be had with anything from /6s to 440s & a VERY FEW had Hemis. N.M. State Police even had a Superbird for a "courier car" for a short time. I was lucky enough to start my law enforcement career just as the big-block cars were getting phase out, so as a rookie I got the "old" (& BB powered ) cars to drive since they were pretty used up by then. They still ran like a scalded ape, though. The seats, while firm were so slick that a sharp turn required you to have a death grip on the steering wheel otherwise you'd slide out from under it. The odd/interesting thing with these cars is that many of the big motors had the same parts or engines as their musclecar relatives, so essentially I was getting paid to drive a musclecar 40hrs/week! When the small-block cop cars came out there was such an inconsistency in the fleet purchase, some were REAL good (like a 360 Aspen with W-2 heads & 4bbl) while others you were actually embarassed to drive. However they were equipped they were FAAAAAAR better than the current crop of police cars we're stuck using. All the manufacturers seemed to have forgotten the abuse these cars take & for the most part only upgrade the electrical & cooling systems......