Quote:

i have the promax metering block and the jet plates for the outboards. i dont think the jet plates have provisions for adjustment other than they accept holley jets. the center carbs metering block has the stock emulsion bleeds in their now.

Why was I thinking you were running a 4-barrel Holley or a clone?

What would you consider stock e-bleeds? 2 e-bleeds in the 2nd and 4th hole (assuming you have 5) at .026" - .028" each? Some newer Holleys have 3 e-bleeds per side, so "stock" could be construed at least 2 ways!

Quote:

I would imagine i'd want to be messing with the outboard MABs but I really dont want to go and drill and tap them. Im not really a numbers guy but on this, date coded 0500 original 6bbls carbs, I dont want to make a permanent change by drilling them.

I don't blame you.

Quote:

Is there a way to change the center carbs metering block oriface to get this done? of maybe the jet plate oriface could be modified??

Short answer: not really. Long answer: you "might" see some success by making the e-bleeds smaller if they're much larger than .028", and if you now have 3, reduce it to 2 and be sure you emulate the "old" Holley configuration in both size and location. I've seen this change fatten the AFR at higher RPM cruise, and I've seen it not make any difference at all.

Cab Burge's suggestion (needle & seat) is a good one and very easy to check.

And just for the record, your posted log was running on the inboard carb only at cruise, right? Since you don't have a TPS, it's hard to tell.

Jim

Last edited by JimG; 08/13/09 11:43 AM.