Quote:

Thanks guys for the info! The biggest problem I have is that the link bolts themselves are rusted beyond reuse. I have a set of usable endlinks from what I believe to be a rear bar from a 75-79 B-Body. However, they are 1/2" longer than the ones for my RR. The only thing I can see it doing is raising the bar up an extra 1/2".

If the endlinks you have are longer, I don't see that as a problem. If the endlinks are shorter, you MAY have a problem with intereference between the bar and the diff pumpkin (I'm assuming you have a 8-3/4). It's worse with the Dana.

Quote:

Will this extra length negatively affect my handling or will it not cause a problem?

No.

Quote:

The bracket that attaches the bolt to the bar will be an easy enough fix. I am going to drill out the spotwelds to remove the bracket from the bar. Then I will install split bushings on the bar and bolt the brackets back together over the bushings.

If you do that, you might as well cut one end of the new endlink off, so the the remainder is approximately the size of the existing rusted endlink piece. Then weld the new piece on the upper half of the split bushing bracket.

Sorry I don't have pics of what mine looks like, but 72RoadRunnerGTX might have some somewhere here, or you might try somewhere at www.roadrunnernest.com.

Good luck, and post some pics here of what you end up with when you get it done. I'd be interested in how it turns out.

-Marq

Found one...

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post5268660

Last edited by MoparMarq; 08/11/09 04:24 PM.