Quote:

Quote:

Yah, my 50 year old dual-plane, sixpack manifold fits under my shaker hood. Using a .550 lift hydraulic roller cam, the standard port EZ heads only flow enough to make 680 horsepower at 5500 rpm.

I think you're full of crap !!! (or your dyno's broken !)

Don't be such a hater. The dyno wasn't broken, the numbers are strong, but no where near what is potentially still in there waiting to be found with further developement, testing and tuning.

These days, this kind of power is nothing unusual when the right combination of quality parts are put together by skilled hands.

Indy's regular port EZ heads are a great choice for those of us wanting to keep it under the hood, maintain high port velocities, and surprise some rube with numbers he thinks aren't possible with a 55-year-old intake design.

The results and dyno sheets can be seen at Hughes Engines...You can always argue with Dave or Kevin about their dyno....lol
http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/13dynotest684hp500cid6pack4bbljcross012007.php

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)