Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think this comes up about once a month.... do a
search.... makes a difference on the tire pressure

Hello Mr P Body. Could you elaborate please. I just added wheel screws to my car. I spun a tube & it punctured. Did not reinstall tube. Suprisingly PSI is constant. Is that what you mean?

Did you lose the tube after installing the screws? if you did you didn't install the tubes correctly or you didn't use racing tubes.

Nope, tubes had been in for two seasons. A month or so ago in the first round the car didn't feel right going down the track. When I got back to the pit I saw the tire was down. I removed the tube and installed a metal valve stem. Reinflated the tire. My fellow racers/friends looked at the tube & saw a small hole. No whole in tire however so it was determined that the tube had pinched. Just one of those things I guess. I since have installed the screws. Still have a racing tube in the other side. 1 side has a tube the other now doesn't. Air psi has been rock steady to my suprise. 18 psi when I unload after sitting in trailer all week. 18 1/2 when the sun hits it. 17 1/2 after dark. Both sides. I have tried several psi's & this range seems to work.

2005 Dakota 4X4 3.7 2004 Rumble Bee 5.7 1978 Diplomat 318 1969 Satellite 318 "bracket racer" 1966 Barracuda (in progress ) 1964 Dodge 330 (future race project) 1962 Belvedere (HUM????)