i took a measurement on the leaf stacks that came on this frontend and it looks like the distance from the center of the leafs to both ends are the same, so i'll probably use just one of these stacks mounted transversely and go fenderless. these tires would work great on the back, but they are way too tall for what i want in the front. i have to sort out the wheel and tire issues, but for now i'm just glad to have my axle. it is beefy! i also scored the gear box, the column and the steering wheel. i kinda like these wheels i must say though. very industrial. if i can find a housing with an 8-3/4 and the same drum pattern as the fronts, i may try and use these wheels if i can find a shorter front tire and one more wheel. by the way, these rims are 17.5 inchers with a large 6 bolt pattern. anyone know the bolt circle diameter on these rims??? i will probably "z" the frame channel the body. i want the frame hidden from the view for the most part. once i get the chop a little more finished, i'm going to start mocking up the framerails in different positions to see what is going to work best. mike in k.c.

Last edited by mikeinkc; 08/09/09 08:37 PM.

ask me about new sportone elbow side trim for your 1957 and 1958 plymouths http://39lowboydodge.blogspot.com/