Just a little while ago I finally got my 440 running. It took me quite a few tries to get it to fire and stay running. Yesterday I tried it but ended up having some ignition issues. Got that fixed and today i had to turn the distributor a couple degrees to get it to go.

But once I got it I brought it up to 2 grand and kept it around there for a while. It really did sound great! But, unfortunately I ended up boiling over the cooling system (just water) to the point that i had to shut down. The engine didnt overheat, but I must of have had a lot of air trapped in the engine. That was after between 5 and 10 minutes of running.

The main thing Im worried about is the cam, I hear about so many problems people have with not breaking them in correctly. One, did all of my excess cranking hurt anything? And two, I know you are supposed to hold a 2000 rpm for 20 minutes, is what i did good enough, or can I just continue that when I next start it? Also when you wipe a lobe, does that usually occur shortly after startup if its going to happen or is it a down the road kind of thing?

thanks for reading and for any help!