Quote:

Anyone besides me refuse to race during the summer months? I can deal with the heat if I am working, but it takes the fun out of racing to me. Sitting in the staging lanes wearing a fire suit is no fun at all, not to mention my car slows 2 to 3 tenths in the heat. We went to the ORSCA race this weekend and it made me glad I wasn't having to deal with having a car there.
This time of year it's much more fun to jump in the car after work and go riding around or just to go to the store. Think I'll wait until about October to go back to the track. CHIP

I wish I could have been there this past weekend. When we raced a Carolina about 1 mo ago we pulled my buddys powerglide out of his car and I put in a new gear set and changed drums on the pavement inbetwwen 1st and 2nd round when it was 95deg. and 90% humidity. and would do it again in a heart beat I don't care if its 10deg or 100deg. being at the track is better than anything else I could be doing. My car is black with 2% tinted windows and I wear a black /5 suit and I would be in any time I can during the summer nothing better.

One day I will have something cool here.