Quote:

Boy, I have to tell you I am always amazed at the guys who think racing at the Nats is a bad experience. We raced the trophy class before and it was great! And I have raced many times in the Max Wedge class and had a ball. When racing the trophy class we just parked on the grass till we got called, and quite frankly, hanging out in the stage lanes is fun as well. If you bring your car in a trailer and get to park in the pits, its even better still. It’s a great time. I guess I can see the guys racing in Pro or Super Pro probably have a lot more to go through due to the number of cars, but to me that is part of the fun. I bet if you race you'll have a ball and want to do it every year. Good luck to you!!

I agree 100%. I've raced the trophy class numerous years with my 11 second street car and had a blast every time.

And as far as the track prep goes, it was good enough last year for me to run a career best (11.71 ET at 116 mph with 1.61 second 60') on Saturday morning and then snap my ring & pinion later that afternoon.

The guys I go with have cars that run anywhere from 9.90 to low 11's and they've never had any traction problems at National Trail.

The Nats are an event, not a regular weekend race day. If you expect to run around the pits like a madman and get 10 time trials, it's your expectations that are the problem. Not the Nats.