Quote:

I've still got a lot of deciding to do on the big motor for the Daytona. But I want to get it going so I can drive it around some now.

I have a 440 that I took out of a motorhome that only has 59,000 miles on it. I decided to pop it in there for now but I do want it to at least sound like it has something more than just bone stock.

I'm going to put an aluminum intake, Holley carb, aluminum valve covers and a chrome timing cover on it. Since I'll have the timing cover and valve covers off it will be easy to go ahead and change the cam.

I also have a set of Crane iron rockers so the cam could be solid or hydraulic. What do you think is the biggest I can get away with?

I also am thinking about using the converter out of the motorhome or should I leave the 8" in.

Better make sure their is enough room for the valve seal. I ran into this problem with a 484 cam with stock unmodified heads. The valve stem bosses had to be cut down, and if you go that far, you might as well change the springs to at least stock 440 magnum springs, wich is a single spring w/damper. Your motorhome springs are just a single spring no damper, and may not like that much lift, or rpm that cam will produce.