Quote:

As far as the EZ vs. SR discussion goes I'll just repeat what I've said a lot of times before: The EZ head is capable of over 800 hp so there isn't any reason to make extra work for yourself in the exhaust department unless you're shooting for more than that.

I concur.... Exhaust port flow is way overrated for making power. Intake port & chamber is where the power is made, as long as exhaust port size & flow is "adequate" you can make alot of power. I've made over 800 HP with a NA SB with a 1.60" valve, port flowing 250 cfm... So.... when I hear people claiming these 1.81" valve 245-255 cfm EZ exhaust ports are a real crutch I just kind of laugh.

I just finished up my hand work on set of EZ-1's for my 448 on Wednesday & was extremely pleased with the flow results for very little amount of work.

My intake ports ended up at 286 CC with a Ferrea 6000 valve. My VJ with 33* back cut, all work done shooting for low/mid lift flow since going on small cam motor..... 233 @ .300", 326 @ .500", 353 @ .700". Heads really work well, for head with very little effort put into them, that was pretty much a bowl blend, blend CNC MW entrance into runners & full chamber work. On my bench I've had two sets of 2.19" MCH CNC E heads, both flowed identical (as they should) ~285 @ .500", peak 324 @ .700" just for something to compare to off same bench.

Exhaust went 254 @ .700" with no tube, All just seat & short turn work (about 7-8 minutes per port), I did not enlarge runner/exit size at all. The ability to use my current non SR Heddman headers is big benefit to me...