My engine is apart getting a new block and pistons. Took everything in yesterday and they told me that my K1 crank that had 5 passes on it is cracked in 20 places with the biggest being over a inch long and the crank is bent.

My question is what could have caused this? I had Reher-Morrison perform the balance on it when it was new so they should have known if it was bent, right? I pulled the motor out because the oil pressure was getting low and it kept lugging down and stalling to find the center three main bearings with what looked to be overheated. The block had the center three caps were splayed and I had replaced the outer allen head holts with grade 8 bolts because I couldn't torque the allen heads.

So what came first? Was the line hone distorted from the now fully torqued main caps, or was the crank bent to begin with? The crank is junk and will need to be replaced but I am curious as to why this happened. It's my first bent crank and it's almost brand new. Here is a pic of the main bearings.

5367338-IMG_0234.JPG (278 downloads)

2013 NHRA D4 Stock Champ
#4 in the World IHRA Stock
2x IHRA Div.4 Stock Champ
14x Track Champ
All using a Ultimate Converter Concepts converter. Call Lenny today 704-892-6837