Quote:

Does the W tire(#3062W) have a stiff sidewall? And the 3062 does not, correct?

I know new tires and new shocks eventually will help me but I'm thinking the W tire may last longer with the stiffer sidewall and hook better of course with the 11.2" tread.

As I've said before, I don't race much and don't have time or money to go to the track and hone the tires off all day. Plus I've had a few members here tell me the 3062 only hooks good for 25-35 runs.
I run it down the street every now and then too and I know that's not good for them.

i have run the W's for years and i just now bought a set of 29.5 x10.5 x 15 M/T's
they are not stiff sidewalls, i needed a little narrow tire for my 63 plymouth, i gave up on hoosiers as they go away after 38 passes on my car, sidewall just collapses. even at 12 -13 lbs they look like they are flat.
ill let you know how they do this sunday at ol time drags at etown. the 29.5 x 10.5 M/T just were delivered yesterday.
im curious as well. hopefully they work better than the 30 x10.5 x 15 hoosiers.
i almost went with the goodyears but M/T are giving a $50.00 check card with each purchase of a pair of M/T slicks. hope this helps.

Last edited by SUPERSTOCKRACER; 07/21/09 10:36 PM.