put a new battery in the car, the old one had been run completely dead a few times, and was only measuring a little over 11 volts, wouldn't hold a charge.

all seemed well, until today when i went to start it after sitting for a bout a week and a half. just clicking from the solenoid. with my little 6 amp battery charger, it only took about 10 minutes until it had enough charge to start the car.

drove it for about 15 minutes in town, which before was enough to get at least one more start out of it, but after sitting for 1/2 hour or so, it didn't have enough charge. got a jump, and got it going.

drove for a good 30 minutes on the highway, and then started it up after a few hours. another 20-25 minutes on the highway, then it sat for about 2 hours. started, but seemed a bit weak. drove it in town, parked it for an hour or more, and it wouldn't start.

coasted down a hill and bump started it. this is now at night, and i turn the headlights on, and they seem weak, and the dash lights seem very dim.

by the time i got home, 20 minutes later, the headlights hardly look like they are on, dash lights are very dim, and the amp gauge is reading more or less in the neutral position all the way home, where at least it was reading charging all during the day.

engine is running fine the whole time.

may or may not be related, but i have an R/T specialties tic-tac-toc and an msd ignition. a while back the tach started jumping around a lot, especially at idle and over 3 grand. now at idle it is at 0 rpm, and sometimes kicks back up once the rpm's go up. hard to see how these are related, but seems too coincidental as well.

i thought maybe i just have a draw somewhere, but something else seems to be going on.

any thoughts?