Got the Demon out for an actual race day this past weekend - qualified in C/Gas (9.60 index), but got my ticket punched when the other guy went 9.600 - oh well - good drag race.

But, the car is having a minor problem - it doesn't want to idle when I put it in gear (even in neutral) - it starts surging really bad.

Previously, I had an intake leak and I fixed that. I have verified twice that it isn't leaking anywhere and Al verified 2 or 3 times that it isn't leaking anywhere. So, I'm stumped there.

It does have a new ATI converter so I'm wondering if that is the problem (too tight?) - but geez - this is completely messing up my staging routine becuase I'm having to keep the RPMs way up and two foot it into the beams just to keep it running.

Given we've already checked for leaks and ruled that out - we are thinking of pulling the carbs apart to see if something got stuck in there - but, to me it seems like it would do it all the time - not just when the trans pump is turning. Just a note - it idles completely clean when in neutral.

One more bit of info - it was set to run fat to slow it down a little - but again - it seems like if that were the issue it would do it at idle and it isn't. Also, when the air came around in the evening - the problem did not go away. So, I don't think it is the jetting.

Any ideas?