Quote:

I took my car to the track for the first time last night for T&T. I had a really fun time. This was my first time ever down the track and my car's as well. My first pass I was so tight if I would have farted I would've redlit. ran a [Email]13.3@104.9.[/Email] Sixty ft was laughable, me and the lights aren't on the same page yet. A seagull was inm y lane a the 1000ft mark. Let off as to not make him a hood ornament. The car was so carboned up my wife said it looked like a diesel. My second pass was better a [Email]12.11@113.[/Email] Had a 1.89 60ft. Everything felt good that pass. No pinging, black smoke, or birds. On the third pass I finally felt like I was having fun. ran my best of a [Email]12.00@113[/Email] with a 1.80 60ft. Overall I was happy I was able to drive there, race, and drive home with no issues. I did nothing to the car when I got to the track. The car is a 67 Coronet 440 with a 500 lowdeck, 10" "tight" stall, and 3:55's. Used my street tires which are 275/60 BFG's. Had to baby it out of the whole each time until the 30-40 ft mark. Sorry so long, but I was excited! Can't wait to try for an 11!

Cool Jeff!
You gained 1.3 seconds in one day, now that is
great. The quicker times might be a little harder
to come by, but over time it will come.
Maybe a 3.90-4.11 gear and 9" converter with some
Hoosier Q.T.P.'s will see mid 11's. Some cold
weather (mine shaft air) might even see some good
gains.

How about some picts of this car? Sounds like a
fun street strip ride.

Snap your neck, mega G-force launch, is all I want!