I am interested in any suggestions or tales of successful EGR cleaning without taking everything apart and reaming.

I need to clean the EGR passages of a
1995 Magnum 5.9v8 on a Ram.

Several years ago I made an attempt at cleaning the EGR on this vehicle by taking loose the thick rubber hose on the
"exhaust back-pressure sensing port"
between the actual EGR valve and its companion EGR modulating valve,
adding about a 6 foot long extension to this hose with one end still attached to the back-pressure nipple on the EGR valve, and then I elevated the open hose end by attaching it high on the hood,
then pouring Regane Fuel Injector cleaner into the hose and letting gravity force it down into the EGR system while the engine was idling.

I am not sure how much good this did, but it seemed to help a little.
Looking back I am of the opinion that it might have let most of the Regane flow down through the steel tube to the exhaust manifold, and probably not too much Regane went through the EGR passages in the intake manifold.

I now have two more tools I did not have before:
an Actron ScanTool OBD-I with the Chrysler cartridge that can set the idle rpm much higher,
and a hand operated vacuum pump that can apply some vacuum to the EGR pintle diaphram to open it.

One other thing I now have experience with is the official $7 spray can Chrysler Combustion Chamber Conditioner that puts out the brown foam. I have been thinking that might be a better EGR cleaner if I can feed it into the system at the right place.

Chrysler CCC would also seem to be a safe chemical to use, as I am assuming it will not attack the bellypan gasket, like some cleaners might.

I am a bit worried that if I try cleaning out the EGR passages from the
inlet/exhaust/pressurized side,
I run the risk that big pieces of carbon may break off and plug the system passages before getting to the two EGR outlet/vacuum discharge holes just below the throttle blades. Visible carbon deposits are already hanging off these outlet holes.

Why do I feel the EGR passages need cleaning?

Well, when the engine is at low rpms on the highway, as I apply more throttle the rpms begin to 'surge' a bit.

I am presently thinking this is due to EGR flow that is too low, which makes the factory set ignition timing too far advanced for a situation where EGR is not there as expected by the PCM computer.
My Scantool says that ignition timing is about
40 degrees btdc when the surging is occurring,
at RPMs around 1600 and
manifold vacuum about 10 to 12 inches mercury.

Could other problems cause this rpm surge instead of EGR?
Worn timing chain?
Worn distributor bushing?

Besides complete disassembling and reaming out,
have you found a way to flush clean EGR passageways?

Thanks in advance for tips.