Quote:

I'm sure most racer's love there Holley carbs. I personally hate them. I've never had one that you weren't constantly tweeking. Change in temp, air presure, a fly landing on the windsheild. Anything seems to change there tune. I don't want to spend 20 minuites every time i want to take the car out to tweak the carb.

I don't know Doug,....Holleys are perhaps the easiest carbs to tune, and stay tuned, while I personaly put a SIX PAK on everything,.....I've had my share of Carters, AFB, AVS, WCFB, Thermoquads, Eldebricks, Qjets, Predators, etc, over the decades,....Holleys IMHO are superior,.....but any fuel system, if "treated" wrong, can be a problem, tune/reliability wise......

Yeah, if you are having to tinker with your holley everytime you drive the car due to the car's not not running quite right or running different all of the time, then you have manifold vacuum leaks, and/or timing issues.
Every holley I have ever built for myself or anyone else has done well in all seasons, once it is jetted into an acceptable zone that is not too rich when its warm and dry out, and does not run too lean when its cold and wet out. Adequate timing is also the partner of the carb when you get it where you need it.

Just take a step back and don't imagine holleys or the science behind them as so complicated. It's actually very simple and has a reliable method to it.