Quote:

I'm afraid I've seen this problem with my TQ. The problem turned out to be high fuel pump pressure. I was running at 5-6 psi and this was enough to push the needles off the seats. The problem only occurs when the engines running and the high bowl level ends up spilling fuel from the bleeds into the throttle bores. It makes the car run really rich and unresponsive to idel screw adjustments.

To fix this, I ended up plumbing in a fuel pressure regulator and dropping pressure to 3.5 psi. Problem solved!

I think this would be VERY worth checking out. I talked with DemonSizzler about this very thing and we agreed that it couldn't hurt to add a regulator just to be sure.

My TQ is doing the exact same thing BTW, and I haven't taken anything apart yet. DemonSizzler just sent me this carb and it looks great, and I'm also confident that it has been prepped sufficiently.

Think about this. If you go back to your Eddy carb, and it runs fine, I still wouldn't discount that if your fuel pressure is high, that one carb may do fine (though probably temporarily), while the other one runs overly rich (This case being the TQ)