Thanks guys!
Crazy, the brakes are good and bad. Most of the time they are fine, but it feels a bit mushy. It also has just dropped to the floor a couple times!
I'll bleed them again and check for leaks, but I think the MC is bypassing every once in a great while. Stinks after all that time and money. I SURE won't take it back.
Haven't taken it out on the highway yet, since it's not registered. It gets enough looks even before they realize there's no plate. I have got it up to ~45 on the side roads though. Runs good! It's no speed demon with all that mass, but it will cruise.

Ron, the radiator is back over a foot, so some major planning would be needed.

Daryl, I've never heard of Fred or that song before, it's perfect! Thanks!

It's been so cool because everything so far has responded well to just a little TLC.
I do have some bad news though. I decided to remove all the tired old heater hoses, since they were working all the time and that isn't needed in AZ! No heater control valve (the guys over on PWHM say they are worth their weight in gold) and a bunch of funky Tees. It was also rubbing on the throttle linkage. So I pull all the hoses off and go to remove a fitting on the bottom of the block to install the normal plug. Darn thing snaps off!
I've tried an extractor and heat, and it's not budging. Next step is to tap the thing and install a smaller plug. I'll deal with the mess when I pull the motor for a cleanup. The steering box limits access as it sits. I still want to cruise that mighty big car this weekend.