Quote:

As much as I love a fade, and think it would be suprememly cool, I've got a sneaking suspicion that car's getting a vinyl top. Looking at it, the drip rails are done body color, which was part of what did it for me, but the telltale for me was that you're waiting for a wheel cylinder pushrod for the FRONT. If your sticking with drums up front on a 68 HEMI Charger, I'm guessing this is a restoration as opposed to a restification.

BTW, looks AWESOME!

Actually, it is a vinyl top car. MaMopar painted the underside of the drip rail channel where the stainless window seal channel screws to. As far as a restoration versus restification, that's first.

My intentions were always to restore her as close as I could get with my money in my back pocket and my knowledge. The "at liberty" I was going to take was a white vinyl top as opposed to a black one it originally came with. With original white interior, it's almost a sin to put a black top on such a color combination.

Yeap, I've located a push rod from a friend as of today and all the new brake hardware can be installed and ready to go. I do plan on keeping her with her original front drum setup.

Troy

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)