Originally Posted by JohnRR
Originally Posted by TJP
They were caught red handed copying a small American companies design going so far as to even put the companies name on the knockoff product.

It was probably more a miscommunication ... Speedway ... sends china the VB in question and says to copy it ... probably had 1000 made...

The VB shows up and they have the copied part logo on it ....

Speedway calls china company and asks [censored]? and the china co says so sorry , we will make them again without the logo , send another check ....

Speedway says screw it and sends them out the door ...

fan

i am not sure what speedway or jegs did with their inventory, Summit says they destroyed it to prevent it getting resold by other means.

This involved more than 1 vendor. Speedway was one of them, They typically are not into the "hard core" race parts as other vendors. Who did what when and where to me is immaterial. The fact is they ripped of a small business mans design, made a faulty product, Used his Name, and HE is getting the calls as well as his name and product tarnished.

This is not an isolated case just one that caught some attention. I mentioned another example as well but they have not to my knowledge gone so far as using the originator's name.
This practice extends far beyond our little world of cars. High dollar Watches clothing, handbags, sunglasses and many more items.

I also found it interesting that the comapny shares the same address as Pro Comp and the also manage Speedmasters FB page. We all kow about the Quality of Pro Comp's 💩💩. It actually appears to be getting worse believe it or not.

Goes back to the old saying if it seems to good to be true if, it likely is. And a bit of research will likely prove it so. beer