I am on a fixed income as well. Both my wife and I are from our Military service, what we did from 1985 to 2018, if you think that makes us rich somehow you are mistaken. We didn't own a home until 2011 for that reason. Who's preaching we have been this way most of our adult lives, its a decision we committed to. Maybe its our patriotic way of thinking but if you believe that is preaching so be it, for us it is a CHOICE, we all make them. We have tired to spend money wisely and support American made products or labor whenever and wherever we can. It's a Conscience choice to do so. Sometimes we do without, other times we simply wait til we can afford what we want, rather than the instant gratification of having something.

I see buying STOLEN intellectual property and supporting communist countries who actively support it as a very poor choice. But hey its your choice, if I have an OPTION I choose to spend my money elsewhere. Stating how well it works does nothing to support your core argument. I seem to recall you like to play the market as well. So don't preach fixed income when clearly the fixed portion of your income is just one source of income. Just like we us

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"