If it doesn't still have the original engine and trans, there's a reason and most likely because it had problems and again most likely to the point at the time it was cheaper or less time consuming to just replace one or the other. After that within a day or even a few years it was off to the scrapyard never to be seen again. Not related but I had a problem with the original 5.0 V8 MerCruiser in my Sea Ray SR225 boat and called a local friend engine shop that told me he could touch it for several months or until after racing season he was so backed up. He said my best bet was to go to Summit Racing Equipment just down the road from us and buy a brand new GM Goodwrench long block 5.7 from them for $2500 and swap out the Sea Ray MerCruiser marine intake and buy a Melling marine performance camshaft and put the brass freeze plugs and pickup 50+ hp and get the boat back in the water. Did that quickly and then my friend's son hauled the original 5.0 block off to the scrapyard and got the scrap money for himself for hauling off. I would think that had been going on forever. My A12 engine was rumored to have been sitting uncovered beside a garage in a tough neighborhood in Youngstown, Ohio for decades but I never had to go look for it and its most likely been off to the scrapyard for years for some crack or some 20/20 laugh2