Originally Posted by Andrewh
it might actually be your old line breaking up inside.
depending on how old it is.
it could be the new fuel pump.
it could be crud hung up in some part of the line that broke loose when you put it back in place.
it could also be something that was still inside the carb in the passage where it turns down to hit the needle.
just clean it up again and see what you see.

Just took the top off again and yes! More of the same freakin rubber hose shavings stuck at the needle inlet.... Here's a picture of the debris I just found!! It's just that little piece and nothing else! The bowl is as spotless as I left it!
I spent 7 hrs on it this morning!!!! I even ran 16ozs of fuel into a plastic bottle to see if there was more debris in the line and it came out clean!!!! Wish I could just put a little filter in the fuel inlet like the diagram shows!!!! At least that would prevent fuel down the intake even if it gets clogged!
I need to be more diligent with the cleaning because somehow I missed this piece!!!!
I think it was lingering somewhere between the line I tried to replace and the carb!!!! I might try back flushing that section! There may even be some more debris stuck in the pump itself!!!! Wish I could put a filter before the carb!

I don't think it's the old line breaking up! It's actually not that bad I just wanted to put a new line in! It's still the same rubber from the new hose I mangled!

IMG_20240411_173411376.jpg
Last edited by B300 VanDanage; 04/11/24 08:45 PM.