I,.......fail to understand what the issue is here?

Wait: the issue appears to be CarScoops "click bait". smirk Sour grapes? Ram never gave them a Fuel Card and a loaded Half-Ton to drive for free for 6 months? pity

Turbo 1 and Turbo 2 are 60 and 110 lb-ft of torque MORE than the 5.7. For starters, does anyone have any idea what an additional 60, let alone 110 torque feels like in the seat? And, at LESS rpm?

They are comparing their 2024 numbers with 5.7 E-Torque. NOT apples to apples. Turbo 1 and Turbo 2 do not have a 48 volt generator and battery on them.

Look at the '24 Classic WITHOUT E-Torque for a fair comparison. Turbo 2 and Turbo 1 are a 1 and 4mpg improvement, which is significant! See attached.

I see NO downsides to the Hurricane engines: Better fuel mileage, AND more power at an rpm you can use. What is the problem here? shruggy

As far as being a little more complicated: all of Our hands are tied on this, get over it. The 5.7 has it's own history of miserable problems both computer and mechanical. Not a popular opinion, but an inline six is bullet-proof. At least you'll be able to change a cooked turbo out on one of these in an afternoon instead of tearing a 5.7 half apart to do lifters or a cam.

A lot of People thought the 5.9 Cummins was a pissy little joke compared to the Mighty Detroit 6.2 and 6.5 Blunder Motors, and Internationals' 6.9 and 7.3 How did that work out for Chrysler Corp? I guess Cummins was so bad Ford sold their Stock position in them. wink

Lastly, Premium Fuel: NOT an issue. Even the article says "Ram recommends the use of premium fuel to achieve those power figures, but regular gas will get those miles per gallon". I've run 2, high compression 3.5 Nissans, since new, and a combined mileage of 370,000. They both have giant stickers inside the fuel cap "USE PREMIUM FUEL ONLY". 99% of those miles were on Regular. The 1% I tried Premium there was absolutely ZERO difference in mileage and power. And they have yet to "blow up".

You have other problems if you need that extra 8hp you might get with Premium.

ram.jpg

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".