thanks Zippy ! bow

when i finally got it running again late last year, i played around with the tune a little, and it helped quite a bit. i'm going to play with it more this year in hopes of a slight improvement.
one thing i have done lately, is repair the [very] crusty inner fender under the battery box. even though the car only has almost 19k original miles, the batteries over the years have played the devil on the battery tray and inner fender.
i found a [way] smaller battery that has a bunch of cranking amps, so i made a new battery tray from stainless, and incorporated it into the inner fender repair.
i know the purists will be offended, but this car is really not anything special, and my ownership began with me buying it as a "total" back in 1970 when i worked at a body shop.
since it got back on the road after being repaired, it has never been "stock", so i don't mind modifying it whenever i feel like it. especially since under my stewardship, i have beat on it every chance i get. biggrin
i also ordered a new driveshaft from action machine. 3 1/2" .083 wall with solid 1350 joints. i'll find the next weak link, then reinforce it.
last year, i replaced the steel wheel/dog dish setup on the front with american 5 spoke wheels, and that really changed the cars look.
this year, new carpet [the old original stuff is just old and turning to dust], drive shaft and front loop [loop ready to install] and possibly new rear wheels.
the next caretaker will REALLY hate me if he wants to restore the car, but oh well ! laugh2
beer