Originally Posted by A727Tflite
Originally Posted by volaredon
Ok thanks. How bout the dummy shaft used to measure off of that goes in place of the output shaft

I’ll have to see if I have one of those. Unless you change some hard parts you can reuse the shim at the back of the intermediate shaft.
In other words, a re-clutch won’t requite a new shim.

Make sure when you do the trans build the OD assy, install it then build the remainder of the trans and check input shaft end play last.

The OD is built and ready to reinstall. The only "hard parts" in the OD that got replaced are the sprag and the heavy OD spring got replaced with a Sonnax one.
I did replace all the thrust bearings in there as well.
I did have to replace the OD apply piston on back of main case and the housing for it.
In the main case it had to have a different forward clutch housing(drum) and front pump due to scoring and heat marks. Both used.
I did find a 4 disc forward clutch, I think the original was only 3. (I'm not where the trans is)
Rest of trans looked fine, but the forward clutch was SMOKED. and the sprag in the back of the low/reverse drum fell apart when I dismantled the trans so I replaced that as well.
Now that I know the measurements I can probably make the plate with the groove.