Originally Posted by ink
Originally Posted by Neil
For just one small project it may be easier to just pay someone to spray them for you? Clean paint booth setting, disposal of the leftovers, and someone who already knows how to set the gun up are all important....

I'm sure your local body shop supplier can set you up with a decent low cost paint gun that is plenty capable of working on small projects. FWIW I've seen do it yourself types on Youtube do some nice looking paint work with cheap HF paint guns as well. I'm not a big fan of HF in general, but they do have some stuff that is fairly well made for the money.

But bad Chad says a cheap 20-dollar gun is all the same! ;b

He says thet are 15 bucks. And uses plenty of them.
He is am idiot.
CHAD shot over 3 gallons of Slick Sand on a car with a small tip air turned up crazy. He needed so much since was rough. So top was wasted. Instead of one nice smooth coat, flashing off. Followed Second coat block done, seal paint. It was coat, coat, coat. Sand with DA ( he calls that bocked) was so rough the dog said Ruff-Ruff. Spend a dollar to save a dime. And he says he saves time But waste it!
Like when you use hockey tape and rock gaurd I. Spray bombs.
A real gun with bed liner would have taken fraction of the time, and cost half and done a good job. Now talking about needed in insulation for sound. Idiot.
I still use my Sharpe Platinum HVLP. Yes I have never guns but nothing wrong with my old Sharpe gun.
I got a gun for 140 ish from TCP Gobal (Master Series) but wanted a 2.5mm high build primer gun. I also grabbed a 1.4mm head, cap and needle so could be used as sealer, single stage, base and clear gun as back up if need be.
It is nice. I used Master Air brushes in the past plenty so figured the guns had to be good low-mid level guns.
Buying a good gun that last gets you to start shooting more things instead of spray bombs

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough