Quote:

I'm going to replace my SB headers, and am debating whether to buy the $100 summits and get them coated by QC, or spend $280 on flowtechs that are already coated. my non coated (just painted with eastwood stainless steel paint) have surface rust, but have survived suprisingly good over the past 6 years (with 2 1/2 years of year round driving here in west MI. if I spend more than twice as much to get coated headers, I want them to last twice as long. one benefit to coating is I can weld in O2 bungs and put any clearance dings in I might need before coating.....

I had a set of already coated TTI's, they looked as nice as the QC headers, but the second i got some oil burnt on them, there was no way to get that off. If i burn a little oil on the qc header, most of the time it was able to come right out with metal polish. Just one difference i have found with the QC coatings finish as opposed to one of the larger header companies.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)