Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
? I’ve always been of the belief that Mopar never offered the AAR / TA spoilers on anything other than AARs and TAs…….but I seeing a LOT of cars with them now. Not stock right?

Dealer installed back in the day could be considered "stock",....factory installed NO.... however the Challenger T/A stuff seemed to carry over for optional "factory installed/offered" pcs 70-71, along with AAR front spoilers 70-71, however, rear AAR spoiler, I'd have to so NO...

I agree. And I gotta think the number of spoilers (not wings!) that might have been dealer installed would be VERY low. They were a mid year introduction and then gone. Can’t think many buyers asked a dealer “Can I get a Cuda with that spoiler without buying an AAR?”.

The dealers had a very hard time selling the AAR Cuda and T/A Challengers due to all the choices available for better, more HP and torque, motors in 1970, who wanted a 290 HP small block, not very many shruggy work
You need to remember the only reason Mopar made and put them out there for sale was the requirement for a minimum of 500 must be sold to the public before a lot of the sanctioning body back then would let them race in the stock classes instead of a modified class or not allow to be raced at all work scope

There was a T/A purple 4 speed that sat almost till the 71s were out, sold it to the drunk in companies body shop, eventually re-popped back. Tried to sell to me for $2800, said no. Like said who wanted a 340, 440 6 pac different story. I was partial to Plymouth not Dodge.