I know lots of members will go for the Hemi option but the back in the day reality was pretty shocking and overwhelming when you were under 21 and had to have a co-signer and or a parent that would put you on their car insurance as a non-primary driver. The cost of insurance for a 383 Road Runner was high enough and then you add the "notorious" HEMI to it and then consider the HEMI option price was almost 1/3 of the base price of the car at over $800. Add in MPG, cost of service, and most of the owners didn't know how to keep them in tune and never really used that power like going racing at a legitimate race track. More bragging rights than really practical. But hey we can all dream as we did back in the day and then reality set in. I think my monthly car payment was less than the monthly car insurance at the time and then in the early '70's the insurance company really put the screws to muscle cars and then non-leaded gasoline and gas prices then the HEMI started to make less and less sense. Had a lot to do with why there are these stories of "A friend of mine bought a HEMI (add model here) for $600 bucks that was sitting in a guys yard that bought it new". I sold my '69 RR that I listed here in 1980 for $1500 to a friend that worked in a body shop in Pittsburgh. He repainted it (F5) and did just barely visible if you looked close gold airbrush highlights on the fender and quarter raised ques (bodylines??). Back to dreaming Fun stuff and forget the reality grin