Its been a long time since I visited and posted on the forum. I've always enjoyed seeing everyone’s projects, thoughts, and input. My 16 year old has always loved racing and frequently helps me wrench on my High Strung 64 Dodge. We were fortunate to have a friend ask to have my son race his 63. It hasn’t been run in many years and is in need of some TLC and updates. What a great opportunity for my 16 year old and a couple of his buddies to learn more about these machines.
Needless to say, they have been pretty busy ……….The suspension is being updated to Caltracs, we’re installing a spring relocation kit, updating the cage, and changing to a dana. All the front suspension has new bushings, bearings, etc.
Strange brakes are being rebuilt, modern shocks will be used. A modern wiring harness will replace the stock burned out harness, and the fuel system will be revamped.
The drive train will be an accumulation of spare and back up components I’ve collected over the years. The transmission is a very stout 727 with all the A&A goodies. The engine will be an aluminum 572 with 572-13 heads running a A&A max wedge cross ram. Yes , I know what your thinking………. We want it OLD SCHOOL and will use the manifold as a restrictor plate. Thanks for letting me share.

6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg